Call 01209 61560001209 615600
A&P Falmouth Ltd
With over 300 permanent staff on the Falmouth site and another 100+ tempoary workers (when busy) A&P is one of the biggest employers in Falmouth, so people's health and wellbeing is very important to us, so for A&P to get involved in the healthy work place scheme we will hopefully see some great results.
In december 2011 A&P had to deal with the loss of two of its employees due to heart conditions. The fact they were brothers made a huge impact on the workforce, we felt that we had to do something to raise awareness on the importance of good health and wellbeing.
In less than a year we have reached our first goal which was to achieve a Bronze award. We will hopefully be able to share this with our other yards around the country as well as other companies.
Recent Health & Wellbeing activities on offer (this year):
- Put a Health & Wellbeing plan together
- Erected 3 Health & Wellbeing notice boards around the yard with information being changed quarterly
- Set up the healthy fruit/vegetable boxes
- Arranged short awareness sessions for "Mens Health Week" on: Stress & Pressure, Alcohol & Drugs, Exercise & Food Labelling, Testicular / Breast Cancer, Manual Handling, Blood Pressure & Coronary Heart Disease
- Set up a weekly weigh in group
- Arrnaged charity rugby & cricket matches
- Stress in the Workplace training
- Promote cycle to work scheme
Plans / Aims for Next Year:
- Smoking Sessation
- More awareness sessions
- Flu jabs to be offered
- To be able to offer cholesterol testing on site with our OHN
- More physical activities to be promoted
- To achieve a silver award
The loss of 2 colleagues who were brothers, who had worked at A&P since school starting as apprentices, was the start of our campaign in 2012 - to recognise the issues that are often ignored especially by men and become a healthier workplace.