Call 01209 61560001209 615600
Bedruthan Steps Hotel & the Scarlet
At Bedruthan Steps Hotel & The Scarlet not only do we strive to provide our gusts with a unique & relaxing stay, we also believe in cherishing & nurturing our employees.
We organise a number of events & activities throughout the year for our staff to enjoy & experience, some for shear pleasure & others to benefit our environment.
We also provide all permanent staff with a company sponsored healthcare scheme. This plan contributes towards a number of ways in which to help our employees stay fit & healthy. This includes assistance with dental care, physiotherapy, chiropractor sessions, chiropody, complementary therapies & the cost of prescriptions.
Health & wellbeing activities on offer include:
• Everything that happens in either hotel is measured against the company Philosophy. Our philosophy is based on a mobile with four main balls - actively caring, guided by conscience, beautiful relationships & discovering simple pleasures. Each of these balls holds their own additional philosophies. The whole mobile is held together by our over reaching aim, to cherish our world.
• Staff social events - we hold regular social events which are either free or generously subsidized. Events include spa nights, bread making, canoeing, horse riding, surf lessons, ice skating, keep fit sessions (the latest session being belly dancing), beach barbeques & annual staff Christmas parties to name but a few!
• We have a staff news letter keeping staff up to date on the comings and goings of both hotels with lots of healthy recipes & funny bits that help share laughter.
• All staff has free use of the hotel's swimming pools & tennis courts.
• Staff gym membership for £5 per week with unlimited use.
• Healthshield - company sponsored healthcare scheme contributing towards health & wellbeing benefits which include: health screening, weight management, stoop smoking treatments, allergy testing, physiotherapy, osteopathy, acupuncture, specialist consultations covering ECG, X-ray & pathology fees & a large number of complementary therapies including aromatherapy massage, reiki, reflexology, nutritional therapy and many more.
• Free healthy meals are provided to staff when on duty.
• We have a dedicated homeopath that is available to provide homeopathy sessions to staff at both hotels. This is one of the many benefits that can be claimed back through Healthshield.
• All permanent staff that have completed their probationary period are entitled to a free stay with dinner & breakfast for two. This is offered for employees to sample our food and service for themselves.
• We provide English lessons, in conjunction with Cornwall College, for staff whose first language is not English and need assistance in understanding the English language better.
• We have a dedicated staff council for Bedruthan and are in the process of bringing together the staff council for the Scarlet. The staff council come together to discuss and suggest changes to work life at the hotel, arrange staff events & much more.
• We hold a number of Green initiatives throughout the year & encourage as many staff to take part & contribute as possible. These initiatives include beach cleans, rock pool rambling, food foraging & seasonal craft sessions such as Christmas decoration making.
• We have a "Try something new" grant that staff can apply for once they have been with us a year. This is to encourage staff to follow an interest, develop a new skill or study a subject which may or may not be related to their work. This grant is open to staff twice a year.