Call 01209 61560001209 615600
Coastline Housing Ltd
Coastline Housing Ltd is an independent, not-for-profit housing association owning and managing over 3,700 homes across Cornwall. The Company's purpose is to:
Build great homes, and offer great services provided by great people.
Coastline has been an avid supporter of the Healthy Workplace initiative since 2008 when it decided to help improve the general health and well-being of staff across the company.
A team of healthy workplace champions drive forward the initiative and the company is now committed to a range of healthy activities including:
• Coastline has its own 5-a-side football team and has put forward teams for local cricket matches and gig racing events.
• Staff receive free flu-jabs and health screening, sun safety awareness and have access to an Employee Assistance Programme to confidentially discuss health or stress concerns.
• Other ‘healthy habits' include the delivery of a healthy fruit and veg box scheme and the introduction of a Shape Up weight management group.
• Coastline's commitment to promoting healthy lifestyles has been widely publicised - Coastline staff feature in a British Heart Foundation film (http://www.bhf.org.uk/HealthAtWork/success_stories/coastline_housing-1.aspx) and widespread media coverage has highlighted the company's success.
• This success, which has seen staff absenteeism cut by more than 400 days a year and staff morale boosted, has helped Coastline scoop the Gold award in the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Healthy Workplace Awards.
"I have completely changed my way of eating for the better and I am also doing more exercise." - Sue Baker on the Shape Up weight management group
- Robert Nettleton, Chief Executive