Call 01209 61560001209 615600
Health and Wellbeing Innovation Centre
A Cornwall Innovation business incubation facility.
What we do:
We support businesses at any stage of their journey, from start-up through to mature businesses, to innovate and grow. Many of these businesses are based in the health and wellbeing sector.
There are three innovation centres in Cornwall. The management of these are delivered by Plymouth University on behalf of Cornwall Council. Cornwall Innovation has been supported by the European Regional Development Fund Convergence Programme.
Why we became a healthy workplace:
Health & wellbeing is at the core of what we do. The management team are surrounded by businesses that are health and wellbeing focused. This programme offers a fantastic opportunity to share best practice and knowledge with the businesses here and to support the health and wellbeing in our own team too.
Recent health and well being activities:
- 2015 Workplace Get Active Challenge; we entered two teams and both completed
- Oral Health Awareness; organised two drop in sessions with a dental care professional from Peninsula Dental Social Enterprise.
- Stress Management; we supported one of our client businesses to deliver a stress management workshop, with a difference!
- Mindfulness; organised for one of our client businesses to deliver a short mindfulness workshop.
- Acupressure massage; an acupressure massage practitioner visits the centre fortnightly with appointments available for all staff & businesses.