Call 01209 61560001209 615600
Europe`s leading schools and graduations photographer
What we do:
Tempest Photography is Europe`s leading schools and graduations photographer. We are a family business with 80 years’ experience of capturing unique images in variety of formats and environments. Tempest is also a market leader in technological development and strives to achieve leading edge production techniques and getting the highest quality products to market.
Why we became a healthy workplace:
In the autumn of 2014 we analysed levels of sickness absence of staff. Results suggested that our employees were not experiencing general good health & wellbeing in the workplace. As a result Tempest was suffering reduced efficiency and productivity losses, with other hidden impacts such as low morale and motivation more difficult to quantify.
As a result we made the following decisions:
1. We can help our employees by making changes: to the Canteen Menu, the Vending Machines on site and to the Overtime Policy, in order to reduce absenteeism on all levels
2. We should also consider developing a Health & Wellbeing Policy for the business which would include: a focus on Healthy Foods made readily available, incentivise employees to eat healthily at work and to facilitate employees who wish to Cycle to work
3. We recognised the many benefits of creating a healthier workplace, which include: reduced absenteeism, Improved communication & morale, increased motivation & productivity
Following this; 'Tempest Health' was born in January 2015.
Recent health and well being activities:
- 160 staff undertook NHS Health Checks (61%)
- 10 members of staff became Health Champions
- New healthy menu and salad bar
- Tempest enters the Corporate Beach Games
- Stress in the Workplace for Managers & Mental Health Awareness training
- Get Active challenge - Tempest wins special award
"The Health Champions are wonderful, it is so helpful to have a group of people in the business who have our health and wellbeing at heart. Tempest health has had a dramatic and positive effect on morale and wellbeing at work"
- Member of staff