Call 01209 61560001209 615600
TRAC Services Ltd
A regulatory affairs consultancy for the global pharmaceutical industry.
What we do:
We aspire to form strategic partnerships with all our clients as creating lasting relationships is key to how we operate. This is achieved through understanding their requirements and delivering personal solutions. We use our innovative approach of providing dedicated off-site resource to deliver our services. Our knowledgeable staff all have proven experience to ensure that any project is delivered to a high professional standard - that is right first time, to budget and timescales. TRAC is passionate about achieving results for all.
Why we became a healthy workplace:
Our growth and success comes from our commitment to investing in our own people. We're proud of the experienced and adaptable team that we've recruited and retained over the years. Therefore TRAC is committed to protecting the health, safety and welfare of our employees. We want to ensure that we are doing all we can as an employer to provide a safe place to work but also support and encourage people to maximise their own physical and mental well-being. This is important for any business as you are only ever as strong as your people. We have been taking part in the Healthy Workplace programme since 2011. It provided structure and external support for what we were already doing and provided great opportunities to learn from and share best practice with other local companies. We also hope that when recruiting it will give us an edge in terms of being an employer people would like to work for.
Recent health and well being activities:
In addition to our regular walking tea breaks we introduced badminton as a regular sporting activity at the end of each month . Our healthy lunch activity was continued quarterly with themes such as pittas/wraps, teddy bear's picnic and low calories.
We raised the importance of sleep during national bed month with the following tips;
• Technology – how it can be a factor in getting a good night’s sleep.
• Activity – we designed a treasure hunt around the site at Heartlands with a trophy for the winning team with speed a factor to encourage a speedy trip around the site.
• Relaxation – students from Cornwall College came into the office and gave everyone a back and neck massage at their desk.
TRAC entered a team in the Cornwall Beach Games, we all participated in the Get Active Challenge and we entered teams to take part in the ROC 5K and CHSW Rainbow Run. The 'TRAC Attack' laser tag team retained the Lungfish Cup, a laser tag event supporting Children In Need.
Following on from last years success we organised our second TRAC Beach Games/ Beach Clean event with equipment supplied by Cornwall Sports Partnership and Clean Cornwall. We also volunteered to spend an evening at Kehelland assisting with weeding and maintaining the flower beds.
All members of staff had a health check and we also ran other health campaigns including:
• Eye health - using a 3D model eye and glasses from the resource library the effects of different types of eye condition were demonstrated
• Suncare - using a UV box colleagues were able to see the effects of UV light on their facial skin and how sunscreen can block this.
• Nutrition - we held a smoothie social in the office to share healthy smoothie recipes, nutritional facts about each and we provided healthy snacking options.
For the third year running we supported Movember to help raise awareness of men's health and raised over £120 to support men's health initiatives.
TRAC trialed an adjustable standing desk to allow members of the team to stand whilst working as this has been shown to have health benefits. We will be looking to install at least one of these desks in 2016.