Call 01209 61560001209 615600
Tulip Bodmin 2015
A brief summary of why we became a healthy workplace
Due to the current economic climate we are unable to give people tangible benefits. With being a healthy workplace we are able to offer our staff benefits that aren’t of a monetary value but makes work more enjoyable and a nicer place to be. We recognise that providing these kind of benefits and schemes have a positive impact on the workplace including increased levels of engagement leading to increased productivity, lower absence levels, innovation and being an employer of choice.
Recent health and well being activities
We have had a number of events in the last 12 months including:
- Alcohol Awareness Day in our staff canteen
- Family Fun Day where over 300 of our staff attended- free food/entertainment and activities were available to all staff and their families
- Staff team projects such clearing footpaths up at the Bodmin Beacon
- Free cholesterol tests for all staff
- Free NHS Health Checks for all staff
- Wear it Pink- not only did we wear it pink but we also baked cakes to sell
- Regular donations to local food banks
- Cycle to work scheme on offer to all staff
- New staff discount schemes available for all
- Local subsidised memberships for gym and swimming
Plans/aims for the next year
A full calendar of events and awareness days currently being drawn up to engage the workforce.
There will also be a number of other planned activities for our nominated charities that will be based around sports and exercise. We plan to organise more litter picks around our local area using them as team building exercises as well as give back to the local community. We will run a second 'movement to work' scheme which actively helps local young unemployed people to get into work and gain work experience. Healthy options in the canteen are becoming more and more popular so work will be done to increase the choices available for staff.
We are looking to train managers for mental health awareness and well as create a back pain prevention policy too.