Call 01209 61560001209 615600
Angel Fulfilment Services
- Mental health support has gone from strength to strength with a new MHFA in the team
- Improved Healthy Snack Shop which is really popular
- Healthy Workplace Team championing improvements and initiatives
ARCOL UK Ltd
- Mental health awareness – Training provided MHFA and ASIST- a shift in how we approach mental health, we have so much more understanding now and the positive effects of removing any stigma and judgement are overwhelming
- Raised profile of health and wellbeing- mentally and physically. display boards, training, meetings. We continue to provide support to staff and have been able to signpost several members to services over this last year to help improve their health and wellbeing
- Supporting a number of colleagues through some very challenging personal situations
Biscovey Nursery & Infants Academy
- Group exercise has been encouraged with daily plank and press up challenges as well as a regular walk/run group. This has lead to 5k and 10k races being completed, with more challenges planned for the new year. We're getting fitter!
- Chats with colleagues led to additions being made to the staff room to make it more practical and enjoyable for all staff. Motivational quotes in the toilets inspire a different thought. More chat and smiles!
- Our Well-being Board in the staff room gives us a place to "shout-out", share happy news and give notice of social events and special occasions. We celebrate together!
- The introduction of the free fruit bowl for healthy snacks has been great and the bananas have been particularly popular as an 11am energy boost!
- Having staff members that are trained in first aid and mental health first aid has been really reassuring for the whole team
- Incorporating physical activity into everyday from walking to work, lunchtime surfing and pool tournaments in the staff room
Flann Microwave Ltd
- Introduction of an information station promoting a WHEEL board – Wellbeing, Health, Eating, Exercise, Lifestyle. This is updated every couple of months and has included Healthy Eating, Get Active and Mental Health
- Culture change initiative - Health and Wellbeing have been promoted at all levels of the business, including Strategic plan, weekly Senior Managers’ meeting, H&S Committee meetings and within team surveys. We have also added a dedicated section on Health and Wellbeing to our new and improved intranet
- 32 of the team signed up to Healthy Weight in the Workplace sessions which saw great results from across the Company
Wave Multi Academy Trust
- Three Mental Health First Aiders trained across the Trust who staff can access and talk to if they feel they need to
- British Heart Foundation has been the chosen charity this year. Lots of work has been done to raise the importance of heart health
- Each school has a wellbeing budget, which they have used for various activities including massage and mindfulness
- Leaflets produced on mindfulness and sleep and distributed to staff
- Hydration encouraged through urine colour charts in toilets
- Mental Health training for managers from MIND
Connor Downs Academy
- 100% happy staff at recent Ofsted inspection
- New staff room and training room for staff to use
- Two Health & Wellbeing Champions trained as Mental Health First Aiders
- Running a wellbeing training day for all 100+ of our staff, covering personal safety, nutrition and mental heath
- Training our first group of Mental Health First Aiders
- Supporting and participating in the ROC 5k race
Cornwall Development Company
- Lunch and Learn sessions – Optional training open to all staff, given by staff. A platform to share knowledge and expertise across the company. These sessions can be on any subject from State Aid and procurement processes to Health and Wellbeing and Laughing Yoga.
- Mental Wellbeing & Stress Reduction – A staff member trained in Mental Health First Aid and Awareness of Mental Health Problems. Information is regularly updated and disseminated to staff. All staff encouraged to be more active.
- The setup of a Marketing group to increase the communication channels to all staff helping to promote staff awareness, activities and encouraging staff inclusion.
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Schwartz rounds - 18 colleagues have been trained to facilitate Schwartz rounds across the county to support staff with the emotional and social aspects of their jobs
- 90 staff attended 3 x staff wellbeing days around Cornwall, which has had very positive feedback.
- 2 x new posts developed to lead on Staff health and Wellbeing together with Lesley Pallett
- The water bottles for staff and the consequent fund raising for Water Aid
- The fun we had doing the circuits
- The commitment of our Wellbeing Group to keeping the events & displays going
Flying Start Nurseries (S.W) Ltd
- Wellbeing wall and wellbeing boxes for staff to access which include magazines, colouring and puzzle books
- Staff away day, including beach games
- Ensuring staff’s mental health is supported by training 38 members of staff in Level 2 Mental Health Awareness, all senior staff are Mental Health First Aid trained and the CEO is a qualified MHFA trainer
- A range of initiatives taken place this year include: 12 week healthy weight programme, veg box, fruit and treats in the staff room
- Staff encouraged to attend pretty muddy race together
- Promotion of national campaigns such as Stoptober, Drink Aware and many more
Mount Hawke Academy
- Establishing a staff library to promote reading and relaxation.
- Secret buddy system to promote positivity and showing how much we value each other’s hard work.
- Staff fitness challenges (and gallery) – this has really encouraged discussion and healthy competition between each other. More and more people are eager to have a go at the challenges.
Richard Lander School
- Creating a staff weight loss group, lead by the Head Teacher with weekly weigh ins on Fridays.
- Creating a close link with SUSTRANS, having pool bikes on site for students and staff to use.
- Continuing with a Ladies only exercise group, after work on a Friday trying different activities each week.
St Breock Primary School
- Awareness of mental health and wellbeing across all staff members and the need to monitor this as a team.
- Team keep fit every week run by a personal trainer.
- Working together as a team. Sharing good practice. Knowing who to talk to and where to go for advice
St Uny C of E Academy
- Revised workload to ensure a more appropriate work-life balance.
- Activities such as paddleboarding, yoga, rounders and Friday pub club.
- Improved emotional wellbeing of staff and pupils.
- Staff are provided with free fruit to enjoy.
- In September we raised an amazing £299.50 for Cancer Research by taking part in a Muddy Run.
- We run 'Summercourt Slimmers', a weekly weight loss group which staff can attend.
The Cornwall College Group
- We’ve offered a range of Stress/Resilience/Mindfulness sessions which have been well received by our employees with positive feedback and requests for more.
- The Healthy Weight at Work Scheme was very popular – with lots of interest and uptake from our employees.
- We’ve raised the profile of mental health and created resources for managers and employees to support these issues.
- Providing staff with water bottles.
- Feel good Fridays in the staff room.
- All staff more aware of services available to them and feel more supported in their job role.
- Family Fun Day in September
- Mental Health First Aid - Three staff members from various roles trained
- Staff BBQs
Aspire Academy Trust (Core Services)
- In May our very own HR & Wellbeing Officer, Lucy Wright, ran the London Marathon. To support her the Core Services Team held a bake sale at the office to raise money for Lucy's chosen charity, Guide Dogs, we raised an amazing £200!
- All staff now have access to SAS insurance which means they can access 5 free confidential counselling sessions, 5 physiotherapy sessions, online GP service using video consultation, cancer and chronic illness support services, medical cover for operations and procedures, lifestyle health screening.
- All staff have been provided with new back support chairs to support our muscular skeletal wellbeing.
- Providing water bottles for staff to encourage more water consumption during the day
- Supporting a number of colleagues through some very challenging personal situations
- Continuing to promote out of school activities to enhance team building and overall well-being
- Functional movement screening has been carried out on a large number of Bugle School staff.
- Health and Wellbeing Champions have supported staff through some very difficult times this year.
- We have introduced a whole school healthy tuck initiative. Fresh fruit is supplied to staff in the staffroom to promote healthy choices.
Cornwall Housing Limited
- Stress Resilience training over 400 staff attended the half day Stress Resilience Training and Managers attended a full day Manager Stress Resilience training event aimed at how to support staff at work and also following absence
- Beach Games 4 teams took part in the 2018 Beach Games which was enjoyed by all and was a fantastic opportunity for staff team building
- Healthy Weight several ongoing events take place at various work locations to support both maintaining a healthy weight and healthy eating. There has been a number of success stories with one colleague loosing 6 stone
Cornwall Music Service Trust
- Investment in staff training - with an emphasis on Health & Well Being
- NHS over 40's health check offered to all staff
- Continuing to increase the awareness of Health & Well Being to all staff by encouraging colleagues to take an online diabetes check, hearing checks, engage in Dry January or monitor their alcohol intake
Devon & Cornwall Police
- The introduction of weekly free fruit for staff at Cornwall stations has been a real positive and encourages healthy snacking in everyday work and on occasions when staff are too busy to stop for a proper meal break.
- Personal resilience workshops (facilitated by Kevin Simpson, Clinical Psychologist) have continued throughout the county and staff are full of praise for the hints and tips offered to help manage a stress filled world.
- Healthy lifestyle sessions continue to be welcomed by staff, with our own staff and Police volunteers now being trained to use the body composition scales, offer advice and then deliver in pre-planned sessions across the county.
- Two Mental Health Trainers have been trained and have delivered a presentation about stress specifically targeted for our work and team, set up a mental health noticeboard which is changed monthly, launched a programme of Wellbeing Walks and other events like coffee chats about a topical subject. The company has also made a pledge through Time to Change.
- We took part in a national activity challenge called ‘On Your Feet Day’ for the first time in April. The team were challenged to do 1 timed minute of different exercises, activities or games every hour throughout the day and we kept a leader board of the top scores for some of the games. Some of the activities were lifting reams of paper, skipping, step ups, juggling, football keepy uppies and throwing games.
- The whole team completed the one day Making Every Contact Count course about the key health issues in Cornwall and how to start conversations with someone you think may want to make a lifestyle change for health reasons.
Frugi (Cut 4 Cloth Limited)
- We now have three trained Mental Health First Aiders
- We have seen huge growth in our levels of engagement with our HWP programme/initiatives/activities. This is evident from the response rate from the staff survey with 71% of employees stating that it is having a positive impact on their lives. This is also evident from the sign-up sheets of the initiatives scheduled – they are normally FULLY BOOKED!
- We have built a strong programme with a number of wonderful initiatives/activities, e.g. massages, fruity feasts, laughter yoga, nutrition seminar, sleep hygiene seminar, managing stress seminar, mindfulness, healthy weight sessions, health checks for the over 40’s plus, much more!
LumiraDx Care Solutions
- We have created a wellbeing hub where colleagues can help themselves to resources that range from information about healthy weight to picnic blankets for outside meetings
- Our wellbeing initiatives are being supported from the top down and appear in our company goals
- Creating an open environment around mental health issues by marking key days such as “time to talk” and “world mental health days” and having a team of Mental Health first aiders
Ocean Housing Group Ltd
- In the last 5 years we have reduced our ‘average number of days lost due to sickness per employee’ from 7 days to 5 days and in the last year our cost of sickness has reduced by 16.5%
- Investment in Mental Health Awareness and support
- Our Board adopted our Health & Wellbeing strategy
- Another successful PHEW week with more people signing up to our gym membership and classes
- Smoking Cessation – more people giving up smoking
- We have trained 8 more people to be able to conduct quantitative fit testing, to ensure the workforce are wearing the correct RPE
Proper Cornish & Furniss
- Our Healthy Weight and Eating programme has now become completely embedded, with a workshop held on site every 12 weeks. This is attended by colleagues across a wide variety of departments, and friendly ‘Healthy Weight and Eating’ competition continues in between each workshop.
- We had a fantastic up take and response to our free flu jabs for all colleagues and the free Health Checks for over 40s.
- We have raised the money to install a Defibrillator for all on our industrial estate. We have done this by working with other local businesses and by organising our own charity events, such as Proper Cornish colleagues travelling the length of the Cornish coast on a treadmill left in reception
- Promotion of the bereavement and legal counselling resource
- Introduction of the Eliza Jane awards that recognises and awards staff for demonstrating strong behaviours in line with our values
- Implementation of a staff mentoring scheme
Sandy Hill Academy
- Free daily fruit, porridge and focus on maintaining hydration levels by providing water bottles for staff
- The design of the new staff room and the thought that was put into having an extra-large table to encourage communication and well-being
- Having policies that allow staff to manage their work-life balance so that work issues can remain at work.
St Austell Brewery
- Developing and undertaking an in house health surveillance programme offering the opportunity to engage with employees personal and general wellbeing health on an annual basis.
- Taking on an apprentice who is able to develop the Brewery’s approach to wellbeing further by organising and promoting wellbeing events and information.
- Running wellbeing days which have become a monthly feature including beauty therapy days, nutrition advice and support and massage therapy. These are hosted by the brewery to give people opportunity to access these services during the working day.
St Stephen Chuchtown Academy
- Staff celebration party following a Good Ofsted inspection
- Free fruit for staff everyday
- Water bottles given to all staff and hydration encouraged
TRAC - A PharmaLex Company
- Introducing additional seating options and equipment to the office to assist colleagues with managing their posture
- Maintaining engagement in the programme during times of change within the company
- Tackling stress awareness in a completely different way – getting members of the team to share their own de-stress tips during a team lunch
Truro and Penwith College
- Absence rates continue to be below National and Industry figures (2%)
- Over 90 Sessions of Free Physical Activities Sessions for staff to access this year
- Staff Survey showed an overall improvement since 2016 across staff perceptions of the college including stress levels, communication, morale and how staff feel they are supported
- Fresh fruit Monday - fruit provided for staff each week to help boost vitamins and encourage healthy eating
- A healthy eating display to encourage staff and children to eat healthily and make healthier choices for their lunch boxes
- Recipe of the week - recipe for the children and staff to try at home
- Four members of staff signed up to the ROC charity run in Truro earlier this year
- Ran the Know Your Numbers (with free Blood pressure checks for staff) and Heart Health Campaigns
- Four members of staff attended the Mental Health First Aid Training