Call 01209 61560001209 615600
Backcare Awareness Week
Date: 6 Oct 2014
Every year Backcare run a campaign to put the spot light on prevention of back and neck pain. They spread the word on ‘good posture’ and ‘stress free’ living for a healthy back. This year our focus in on office workers. About 7.6 million working days were lost due to work-related back pain and other musculoskeletal disorders from 2010 to 2011 according to an NHS study.
Some key messages will include –
- When at your desk Stand, Sit and Move
- Stretch your back at your desk at least every half hour
- Set your work station just right
- Ergonomic furniture, a hype or a necessity?
- Use headsets and stop straining those neck muscles!
- Take regulary breaks especially if you work long hours
- Employers guidelines