Call 01209 61560001209 615600
Cervical Cancer Prevention Week (CCPW) 2016
Date: 8 Dec 2015
Every day in the UK 8 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer and 3 women will lose their lives to the disease. Cervical cancer is largely preventable thanks to cervical screening and the HPV vaccination programme. However uptake of cervical screening is now going down year on year. Early detection is also key in increasing survival rates and so educating everyone on the disease, its symptoms and ways to prevent it is key. Cervical Cancer Prevention Week provides us with an opportunity to do just that.
There are lots of ways you can get involved during the week, you could:
- take part in the#SmearForSmear lipstick smear selfie campaign
- display posters and leaflets in GP surgeries, hospitals or your local library
- distribute leaflets at your workplace
- ask if your employer would allow posters to be put up around your work place, for example, in women's toilets
- hold a fundraising event to raise awareness and funds at the same time. Download a fundraising pack for some great ideas of what to do!
Also, if you're feeling a little more ambitious, you could:
- run a stand or table with leaflets at your workplace
- or organise an event on behalf of Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust.
Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust has a series of comprehensive materials available for you to download. The materials are organised into two categories: fundraising and information. We can provide posters and a range of materials to help support your activities. See all of our materials here, and place your order online. Alternatively, you can download a materials order form, or call our office on 020 7250 8311.