Call 01209 61560001209 615600
Preventing Workplace Stress
Date: 5 May 2015
Here’s Prof Mowbray’s checklist of the steps needed to create and sustain a psychologically healthy, positive working environment and prevent work-related stress:
- Define the role leaders and managers have in the prevention of stress;
- Clarify the behaviours that prevent stress at work;
- Get the Board and top team on board;
- Create an appropriate strategy for change;
- Introduce psychological responsibility for self and others;
- Share responsibility for the future success of the organisation throughout the organisation;
- Create a culture of wellbeing and performance;
- Encourage adaptive leadership;
- Make the working environment one that encourages and supports optimum performance;
- Build resilience within the workforce.
The focus is on leaders and managers. It is they who have the capability and capacity to make the organisational and environmental changes necessary to achieve a stress free environment in which the workforce can flourish.
The creation of such an environment will have a profound impact on achieving optimum performance.