Call 01209 61560001209 615600
HMRC St Austell
A brief summary of why you have become a healthy workplace:
We began our WPH journey with a launch event inMay 2010 and had a very successful year obtaining a gold award by December 2010. So in 2011 we wanted to show our continued commitment and to repeat some of the activities that had been enjoyed by staff as well as introducing new awareness activities.
We repeated our Pedometer challenge and chose this year to walk the Inca Trail in support of one of our staff who was doing it for real raising money for Parkinsons from which he suffers. Our lunchtime walks continue with a small core of staff walking most weeks around St Austell with our trained walk leaders.
One of our successful campaigns in 2011 was Sun Safe. In May a representative from the Sun Safe team met with staff throughout the day and used the equipment she had with her to show them how much the sun had already damaged their skin. She handed out information and gave advice. The event certainly opened a few eyes and as the staff shared with their colleagues what they had been told more staff went along to speak with her.
Successful Events from 2011:
Other successful events from 2011
- Crop Swap/ Shop to promote healthy eating
- Craft group – a chance to relax away form the desk
- Discussion groups on certain conditions e.g. migraine
- Health checks – provided by NHS
- Stop Smoking groups – provided by the stop smoking service
- Launch of St A BUG (St Austell Bicycle User Group)
- Trevor Gillman Deputy Contact Centre Manager